PORT JULIA PROGRESS ASSOCIATION
The Management Committee coordinates projects, selected on a priority basis, from the PJPA Concept Plan, and others as they arise.
One example of the latter is our representation of Yorke Peninsula in the KESAB Sustainable Communities Award.
Current projects from the Concept Plan are at various stages of development and include:
1. Doubling the toilet capacity in the Bush Camp - COMPLETE
2. Improving the entrance to Port Julia - DEFERRED TO 2018/2019
3. Replacing the shelter on the beach adjacent to the Red Shed and removal of the old shelter - COMPLETE
4. Providing a set of stairs above the boat ramp - COMPLETE
5. Safe Roads, Residents WIN - COMPLETE. Some parts of this project were not achieved.
RECYCLING STORAGE DEPOT
The Committee also manages the Recycling Storage Depot. Locals and visitors using the Reichenbach Bush Camp are encouraged to deposit bottles and cans, batteries, cardboard and metal for recycling. Proceeds from recycled materials are used for community amenities.
PROHIBITED ITEMS INCLUDE PLASTICS, TIMBER AND TYRES.
Please note that disposal costs for these prohibited items are substantial and must be met by community funds. This is a direct impost upon our community. Persons depositing these items will be viewed as illegal dumpers and will be reported to the DCYP for prosecution.
The Progress Association was allocated $16,000 from the Yorke Peninsula Council in their 2017/2018 Budget to purchase four solar lights to illuminate the steps access to the beach.
The Committee thanks the Council who
has now installed the solar lights and Kevin who co-ordinated the project.
The lights stay dim until someone moves near them and then the light is much brighter.